Our IRS Tax Lawyer San Diego Can Settle Your Back Taxes
If you have IRS tax issues, since it is a sensitive issue, it is imperative that the whole issue is tackled with great care. These issues are intricate in nature and a slight mistake can cost you dearly in the form of loss of money, time and you might land up in jail as well.
If you are looking for a IRS tax attorney San Diego, CA who can answer queries related to the tax issues, then you have come to the right place. The guidance that we provide is general in nature. There are possibilities that they may not apply to your tax situation as the tax issues vary from person to person and depends on the individual circumstances.
What Is The Reason Behind The Audition Of My Tax Return?
Generally, the tax returns are chosen for audition for the following reasons –
- The tax returns of some of the taxpayers get selected for audit because of the agency/individual responsible for making the tax return. As per the IRS, some of the taxpayers tend to overlook the guidelines and clients are also selected regularly for audit. This is one of the key reasons that your tax return gets selected for audit even though you are not at fault.
- The IRS accept the fact that there are some significant errors in your tax return. There is DFS (Discriminant Function System) on the basis of which the IRS grade the tax returns for the inaccuracies and on the basis of that they carry out the comparison. As a taxpayer, if your DFS score is higher, then you have more chances of getting selected for the audition by the IRS. It has been found that more taxpayers have high DFS score, owing to which they get selected for the audition.
- Some of the taxpayers are also selected randomly for audit, but it rarely happens.
- Self-employed taxpayers also have a chance of audit to a great extent as compared to all those who get a W-2 at work.
- All those taxpayers who claim losses on their tax returns also get audited more quickly than others.
If My Tax Return Gets Selected For Audit, Can My IRS Tax Attorney in San Diego Represent Me At The IRS Audit?
We don’t recommend this, infact you should choose an experienced San Diego tax attorney who played no role in the preparation of your tax returns. This is because of the following reasons –
- The tax returns of some of the taxpayers get selected for audit because of the agency/individual responsible for making the tax return. It has been determined by the IRS that some tax lawyer tend to overlook the guidelines completely in choosing their clients for audit. In this case, there is no way that you would want the IRS tax lawyer to represent you at the tax audit.
- It has been found that CPAs (Certified Public Accountant) and IRS tax attorney have little or at times no knowledge about representing the taxpayer at the audit.
- When you take the services of San Diego IRS tax attorney, you actually get qualified for the attorney/client privilege – so any matter that gets discussed stays confidential.
- Before the IRS audit process starts, we will review your tax return and try to find out if there is any flaw that your IRS tax attorney might have overlooked.
I Haven’t Filed My Income Tax Returns For Several Years, Is This A Serious Matter?
This varies from case to case. Be informed that you are not the online one. This should not be taken lightly and we have seen taxpayers being sentenced to jail every year for not filing their tax return.
You need to understand that when your income exceeds, you have to follow the minimum filing level that is being set by the IRS each year. So, if somehow you have fallen behind the filing of your tax return, you should act immediately to rectify this issue.
I Have Fallen Way Behind In Paying My Business Payroll Taxes. What Should I Do In This Situation?
If this is the case then this matter needs your immediate attention. If you keep on ignoring your payroll taxes, the IRS will take aggressive collection action against your business. Usually, this comprises of – Getting in touch with the customers and asking them to pay them directly, levying taxes on your business accounts and they even have the authority to file a tax lien against your business.
Despite the fact that your business is a corporation, still, IRS will come after your assets. This will put your business at risk but along with that your personal assets as well that includes your home.
Top Rated IRS Tax Attorneys In San Diego, California
Milikowsky Tax Law
Tax Law, Business Law
University City 8910 University Center Ln
San Diego, CA 92122
Phone number (858) 450-1040
Law Offices of Antoinette Middleton
Wills, Trusts, & Probates
1761 Hotel Cir S
San Diego, CA 92108
Phone number (619) 235-9501
Accountants, Tax Services, Business Consulting
Point Loma, Liberty Station 2305 Historic Decatur Rd
San Diego, CA 92106
Phone number (858) 225-7720
Regal Tax & Law Group
Bankruptcy Law, Tax Services, Tax Law
4225 Executive Sq
San Diego, CA 92037
Phone number (858) 461-6100
Criminal Defense Law, Tax Law, Business Law
Downtown 303 A St
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone number (619) 595-1655
Dallo Law Group, APC
Tax Services, Tax Law, Legal Services
The IRS Has Filed A Tax Lien Against Me, How I Am Supposed To Get Out Of This?
A tax lien can be defined as a lien that is imposed on your property by the law in order to secure tax payments. Generally, if the IRS feels that you will be taking more than 12 months to make the full payment for your taxes, they file a federal tax lien against you. This will also affect your ability to borrow money.
Moreover, if you have fallen behind with paying your payroll taxes, your competitors will get to know that the IRS has filed a tax lien against you and they will realize that your business is under financial disputes.
The IRS Has Levied My Bank Account. What Led To This?
If you owe the IRS money and if you have been ignoring their official letters asking you pay the taxes, the IRS has been authorized to collect the due tax from you. They can go ahead and levy against your retirement plans, escrow accounts, wages, accounts receivable, bank accounts and social security. They can also seize your assets and sell them off in order to pay the outstanding amounts.
Make sure that you know that Internal Revenue Code requires the bank to hold the levied funds for a maximum of 21 days before it gets forwarded to the IRS. So, if you act fast then you have enough time to negotiate with the IRS for a levy release under apt circumstances.
The IRS Has A Limited Time Period In Which They Can Collect The Outstanding Tax. How True Is This?
Yes, this is true. Internal Revenue Code has set a time limit in which the IRS has to collect the delinquent tax, this has also been termed as the statute of limitations on collections. The IRS has a time period of ten years to collect the tax, from you, from the date of assessment. Owing to varied reasons, this tenure can also be extended.
What If An IRS Criminal Division Special Agent Wants To Interview Me. Should I Meet Him/Her?
We advise you not to visit the IRS Criminal Division Special Agent unless you had word with our experienced IRS tax attorney in San Diego. The statements or any information shared with the agent can be used against you. If you have a word with our experienced attorney, he/she will surely come up with a resolution.
When Dealing With The IRS, Can I Represent Myself?
Yes, you can but we feel that representing yourself to the IRS is not a good idea. The San Diego tax lawyer are proficient in tax law and moreover they get to deal with related cases every single day. On the other hand, you are not having in-depth knowledge and you don’t deal with such issues on a daily basis. So, if you are thinking of representing yourself, then be informed that the IRS will be having a clear advantage on you.
In order to strike a balance, there is a need to have someone on your side who has ample knowledge of tax law and possess all the qualities to negotiate with the IRS. Make sure that you aware of the fact that the IRS is not representing you but the government.
I Also Have Some Foreign Bank Accounts But I Didn’t Share With The IRS. Have I Committed A Mistake?
Ideally, this should have been done in the first place. Internal Revenue Service has offshore voluntary disclosure program in 2012, this helped the people who were hiding their offshore account to get current with their taxes. This is the third offshore program as the IRS continues to work with the Department of Justice to check international tax evasion.
The existing offshore voluntary disclosure program has so many similarities to 2011 program but with some key variations. From 2009 and 2011, the IRS has witnessed over 30,000 voluntary disclosures offshore.
Does Hiring A Tax Resolution Firm Is A Good Idea?
It’s good that you are aware of the companies and individuals claiming they will provide tax resolutions on the internet and the television. Such companies and individuals are completely fake and they have thousand of complaints registered against them.